With the lush green foliage of the Daintree Rainforest as a backdrop for your immersion, Cape York is a tropical paradise steeped in history and home to a wealth of Indigenous culture.
Why Choose Cape York?
- Meet some of the myriad local fauna and flora on a Daintree River cruise
- Be Welcomed to Country in a traditional smoking ceremony by Traditional Owners
- Visit the art centre, women’s centre and other community services in Wujal Wujal
- Stay on private Homelands inaccessible outside of this setting
- Paint your own masterpiece to take home with a renowned local artist
- Fish for your supper with your host family at the mouth of the Bloomfield River
- Hunting for mud crabs and mussels in the mangroves is a must!
- Play footy and basketball (and give endless piggybacks) with the local kids at the PCYC
- Drop in to the local Indigenous primary school to help out in the classroom and the playground
- Taste local delicacies like green ants and maybe even goanna!
- Discover the art of using plants and roots to make natural dyes, and dye your own scarf to take home
- Hike to a sacred site with a Traditional Owner & experience an initiation ceremony
- Spend your last day snorkelling at 2 remote sites on the Great Barrier Reef
The connection between the people and Country in Cape York is a rich, complex web that must be experienced to be understood.